cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: can I filter by project category?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2016

Yes. JQL is "category = ..."

10 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2016

It's a quiet gem of a function which stopped my only real attempt to write an add-on I could sell - I wrote something that let you search by category in JIRA 3, and then JIRA 4 did it for me!

1 vote
Leo Cortez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2018

Can I include the category as one of the columns?  It does not appear in the list of columns available

0 votes
Marta Ogonovska May 21, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- thanks a lot :)

0 votes
Drew Angell September 23, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Interesting, I'll play with this, thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2018

JQL searches for issues, not projects, but you can stick a search for all issues through a "filter statistics" gadget and report on projects to get a count of issues per project (which then gives you the list of projects)

0 votes
Drew Angell September 22, 2018

What if I just want a list of the project names in a particular category so I can display them in Confluence?

0 votes
Leo Cortez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 25, 2018

Thanks. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2018

I'm afraid you can't without a bit of code (yet)

0 votes
Deborah Genevro January 12, 2018

Wonderful.  Thanks so much.  You just saved me a lot of time!

0 votes
Seth Pritikin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 24, 2016

Perfect, thanks so much, Nic!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events