Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management - Can't Edit Workflows as admin of the board

Paola Arcia December 6, 2023

hi! I need to edit/update a workflow on a board but the pencil icon is not showing up even though I have admin rights over the board, any ideas? thanks!!Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 6.24.17 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-06 at 6.24.36 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Francis Batilo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2023

@Paola Arcia ,

Unfortunately, only Jira org admins or users that has admin access on Jira Administration product can modify a workflow configuration for a company managed project. If you can see a cog icon on the top right hand of your screen, next to your name bubble then that means you have that credential. However, if that cog icon isn't there then you won't be able to modify your workflows and you're not a Jira admin.

Moreover, you will need to get in touch with your Jira Administrator to perform the updates for you.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Francis

Paola Arcia December 6, 2023

ooof! bummer. but thank you for the reply. I will touch base with the org admin. thanks again! 

Like Marc Koppelaar likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events