Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL advance search options

Oscar Gargallo December 6, 2021

Hi team,

I am trying to craft a query that should do the following things, see below for your reference, though struggling to progress/find a solution.

Could you please advise? maybe share a sample? or point me into the right direction?

Logic:

1.  create a list of jira cases using some basic filtering (all good)

project = "some_text"

and summary ~ some_text

and created >= startOfMonth(-1M) and created <= endOfMonth(-1M)

and status = done

order BY created DESC

2. for each jira case in the list produced above run a subquery, this is where i got stuck

This is the pseudo code I am trying to write using JQL though not sure if the fields/attributes needed could be used or if they even exist

if jira.ticket[created.date] + 24h is <= to jira.ticket.child[resolved.date] then list jira.ticket

run the loop through the list produced till the end of the list

any advice would be welcome! 

PS: should I consider using API route instead of JQL advance search?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Oscar Gargallo , welcome to the community. Unfortunately you cannot do this with JQL as there is not support for date compares or >,< operators. Automation provides some of these functions so you might consider using a custom field and setting it to true or false depending on your logic when an issue move to done. Otherwise look to the marketplace for potential add-ons to meet your needs.

Oscar Gargallo December 6, 2021

thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events