Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an automation to sort by issue types as new tickets are added to an Epic?

Claudia Contreras
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2024

I have an automation that when an Epic is created it generates a series of tasks within the Epic.   At times there are additional tickets added to the epic - manually - but would like to have those new tickets sorted within the epic to keep the issue types/tasks together.  So to sort them by issue type. 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

Hello @Claudia Contreras 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Where are you viewing the "sorted" list of child issues?

If you are looking at the Issue Details view for the Epic, the default sort for the child issues is by Rank. You can manually select from a few other sort options.

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 11.06.56 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-17 at 11.07.09 AM.png

There is not a method for modifying the Rank of an issue via Automation.

There is a change request about being able to change an issue Rank through Automation, though the original use case described doesn't match your scenario.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-850

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events