Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I upgrade Jira Work Management to DataCenter, will its links to Confluence Server etc persist?

SimonH June 13, 2023

In order to efficiently migrate Jira Server projects to another Jira System running on DataCenter, I need to use a plugin that is only available in Jira DataCenter (because they have stopped selling plugins for Jira Server).  

But if I upgrade Jira Server to Jira DataCenter on the original system, will all the links to Confluence Server, Crowd Server and Bitbucket Server still persist?  e.g. if a Jira ticket was referenced in Confluence before Jira was upgraded to Data Center, will it still be referenced?  Will Crowd still authenticate access to the upgraded Jira?  Will I still be able to access code changed under a Jira ticket by clicking through to bitbucket?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2023

Hi @SimonH ,

If you only upgrade the license to Data Center, the links will remain the same. You are not changing anything to the physical installation. Only the license changes.

Best regards,

Kris

SimonH June 14, 2023

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events