Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable Releases in a Team Managed Project?

Anneliese Pretorius September 19, 2023

All guidance advise that I should go to Project settings - Releases. This option is not available on my screen (I am admin on the project  Software Premium):

2 answers

0 votes
Anneliese Pretorius September 19, 2023

@Tessa Tuteleers Apologies, I am on Software. The "Features" option is not available on my list:

Capture.PNG

0 votes
Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Anneliese Pretorius , 

First make sure you are in a team managed Software project. Your question is under "Jira work management", since Releases are a Software feature, this is only available in "Jira Software" projects.

The Releases section first needs to be activated in the project features. 

Project Setting > Features > Development

Hope this helps! 

- Tessa

Tessa Tuteleers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2023

Hi @Anneliese Pretorius , 

I'm answering in the same thread to keep everything together, please try to respond in thread instead of creating new "answers", as this might be confusing. 

The (purple) colour of your screenshot makes me think that this is indeed a work management project and not a software project. 

If you go to your list of projects, look at the "Type" column, does it say "Team-managed Software" or "Team managed business"?

As indicated earlier, Releases are only available for software projects. 

Tessa.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events