Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Risk issue type does not display in the drop down menu

Kurma Rao-ext May 29, 2022

Hello, We have a project in JIRA/CONFLUENCE. When the team trying to create an issue for Functional Risk, in the drop down menu, this Functional Risk option does not display to create one. What could be the reason and how it can be corrected to see in the drop down menu ?

Advise. Thanks

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2022

Hi @Kurma Rao-ext 

A couple of questions:

- Is the Functional Risk a type of custom field?

- It could be that this is not configured properly or associated to the issue create screen. Can you see the field and all the options after you create an issue and then edit/update that issue?

- Are you in a team managed or a company managed project? If unsure, you can views this at the bottom of the left sidebar. 

Kurma Rao-ext May 30, 2022

Functional Risk is a standard field.

I am a team member in a company managed project

I can see the options

Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2022

if you can see the field and options when editing an issue, sounds like the field may not be configured on the issue create screen. 

You can check this if you are on the new issue create experience by selecting the three dot menu in the top right as outlined here

Hello I have tried all these. I do not know the reason, I can not see FR in the drop down menu while creating an issue while I can see all the other options.  How to configure an issue? I do not have that option. It was greyed out for me.

Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2022

did you try to three dot menu in the top right corner?

Also, just confirming the name of the field is "Functional risk" and that is what you are not seeing when you create an issue? If so, if you can't see this as a field to add from the three dot menu, i would suggest contacting your admin to update the configuration and make sure this field is associated to the issue create screen

Kurma Rao-ext May 31, 2022

thanks a lot let me check with our admin. But the admin them selves does not know what to do. This is the issue.

Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
May 31, 2022

documentation on adding issue types is available here. Alternatively, your admin could contact our support team who will be able to access the instance and provide advice on how to achieve the desired configuration

Kurma Rao-ext June 1, 2022

I tried all these options. Based on your advise, only Admins can do all the configurations etc and we need to contact admins. the pity here is admin does not know. Any way. close this task here. thanks for your time.

0 votes
Answer accepted

When click Create an issue, Create issue window gets popped up. I can see the fields like Project

Issue type 

summary etc

as advised, in the three dots the fields Issue type and Project are not shown.

The missing item for the team is `Functional Risk` in field Issue type: drop down menu.

Kindly clarify.

0 votes

functional Risk is a standard option while creating an issue. If so why that is not displayed when I tried to create an issue for Functional Risk? does it have any relation to Regulatory or non Regulatory projects? I mean only Regulatory projects only can see Functional Risk as an issue in the list? Please clarify

Loretta Brunette
Atlassian Team
May 31, 2022

Hi @Kurma Rao-ext  - these are all answers your admin will need to answer as it is dependent on how Jira has been configured and what issues and issue types have been mapped to the different projects (regulatory and non regulatory projects aren't a standard Jira project, they are projects your admin has configured)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events