Create rule for ticket with COMPLETE status to be moved automaticlly to ARCHIEVE after 2weeks

Slađa May 13, 2022

Hi team,

I would like to ask you is there any way to create some rule in Jira, where all tickets with Complete status can be moved to Archive after 2 weeks automatically.

Basically, our procedure is that we finish some tasks and move them to "Complete" status and leave those tickets in Complete status for 2 weeks in the case that some issues re-occur again we can re-open that tickets.

In case the Complete status did not change for 2 weeks and more than status should be moved to Archive automatically.

Is there any way to create rules in workflow or via automation or filter rules for this?

Right now, we are solving this issue as we are using an advance filter search, choosing the project we need status complete, and filtering "updated date" more than 2 weeks and then one by one ticket manually moving the status from Complete to Archive.

Thank you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2022

Hi @Slađa and welcome to the community!

Yes you can absolutely automate this.  You would want something like this:

• TRIGGER:  Scheduled (Daily)
    • JQL - The JQL you're using to execute manually
  • ACTION: Transition Issue
    • Transition to ARCHIVE
Slađa May 13, 2022

Hi, thank Mark, I have tried and it works. Thanks a lot.  :)
One more question if you can help me. I created some automation rule which is not good and I am getting some errors. When I click on ... and choose to remove to delete the rule and once I confirm it can not be deleted. I am getting this error message:

Error while deleting rule:

Try that again or contact Atlassian SUpport if this keeps happening.

All-day, the same message appears, and the second rule was deleted without any issue.

Could you please advise me on what can I do? Thanks

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2022

Hmm - I haven't seen that error before though I know Atlassian just released some new automation features this past week and one of those features allows rule permissions.  Are you the owner of the rule?  If so, I can't think of a reason why you'd not be able to delete the rule.  In the meantime, are you able to at least disable the rule (toggle at the top right of the rule).  

If you're not the owner of the rule, you should be able to see the permissions at the bottom of the rule details screen and you may need to contact the rule owner to change it so that you can manage the rule again.

Slađa May 13, 2022

Yes, I am the owner, no I can not even disable it :)

Sam Chan May 14, 2022

Same here. Not able to disable / edit / delete

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2022

I would open a ticket with support on this one.  I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't be able to disable/remove your own automation rule.

Artem Dorodnov May 23, 2022

Yes, I am the owner, no I can not even disable it :)

The same story. Any update on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events