Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV Import for global Custom Field?

Rachel Armont
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 18, 2024

I'm trying to import a global Custom Field for a single-select drop-down to be shared across all of the projects. I saw how to do it for the projects, but there isn't much in terms of how to do it in global settings.

Any advice or workarounds that doesn't involve copying and pasting like I did for the last one? That took me quite a bit of time.

I'm still trying to decide if moving to Jira from Asana is the right choice for my team. Our IT and Ops teams use it, but my HR team is liking Asana better than Jira right now. I know some of that is simply training, but I'm still setting up my projects after importing them, and it isn't exactly apples-to-apples.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

Hi Rachel - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I migrated about 30 projects from Asana to Jira Work Management recently for a client. Everyone will be much happier with JWM eventually, once they use it more and see what it can do. We will help you as much as we can as well. 

Try to stick with Company-managed projects. That's where the power and customization is most available. 

If I understand you correctly, you want to Create a custom field and populate it will all of the items in the pick list. Is that correct? Did the custom field not get created when you migrated the project from Asana to JWM? 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2024

Hello @Rachel Armont 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

What import process are you using?

Are you trying create the field during the import process, or are you trying to populate the select list options during the import process?

Are you working with Team Managed projects or Company Managed projects in Jira? Globally configured fields can be used in both types of projects, while in Team Managed projects you can also define project-specific fields.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events