Business project reports

time design January 20, 2022

Hi! I'm managing a Business Project, of the Team-managed business type with Jira Work Management. We chose this type of project due to the large amount of reports available, however I cannot use them.

When trying to consult the performance charts, they all take into account the "solved" status, while the board only contains the "done" status. I've read several articles in the community, but the status update options for resolved or a custom filter in the reports is not visible. How should I proceed?

Another point is the priority display in the kanban for Business project, despite the option being activated in the customization of cards, the option is still not displayed.

4 answers

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

For the priority business....all I can think of is, priority isn't being set via a default value (of say Medium) and consequently all of the content in the project has no priority.

If you filter via JQL 

Project = TD and Priority is not empty

Do you get any results?

time design January 26, 2022

Yes, when I apply the filter, I get multiple cards as a result. The default priority information appears inside the cards, but still does not appear in the board view.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.21.25.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.27.29.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.25.22.png

Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2022

I'd raise that with Atlassian support

https://support.atlassian.com/

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

OK, the JWM templates do not deploy the concept of "Resolved" as part of any "Done" status category statuses...in the case of the Web Design template that status is "Launch".
Consequently the created Vs resolved report will never show anything as being resolved (I've just checked this on one of my JWM projects) unless you add in the resolution functionality into that project.

Follow the instructions here: Best practices on using the "Resolution" field | Atlassian Cloud | Atlassian Documentation

and once in place, do a bulk edit to add a resolution code to all the already done/Launched items in the project.

0 votes
time design January 21, 2022

Hi @Curt Holley ! Thanks for the answer!

Okay, let me try to explain.
We created a project using the web design template, here I add the screenshot of the template I am referring to.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.30.46.png

In my list this Business Project appears as a team-managed project, as you can see in the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.20.37.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.21.21.png

When we try to consult the reports related to this project, we see that there is no issue registered as "resolved", only created, as shown in one of the graphs.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.22.00.png

We then tried to investigate the list of issues, and found through the "resolved" status filter that the list was empty, all issues were just marked as "done". As you can see in the images below.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.42.24.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.42.png

I've read several articles in the community, but the status update options for resolved or a custom filter in the reports is not visible. Is this related to the fact that Jira work management projects are company managed? How can we configure this? Or how can we enable this edit permission?

Another point is the priority display in the kanban for Business project, despite the option being activated in the customization of cards, the option is still not displayed on cards.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.48.png

I'm not sure if this is related to the previous issue, but as we identified at the same time, I think there might be some connection.

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2022

Hi @time design 

Welcome to the community!

First things first....I'm confused. Jira work management projects are company managed projects, not team managed. If you have tried to morph a JWM template into a team managed project then that could explain your confusion.

Can you further explain what you've done and provide some screenshots of what you mean.

As I've mentioned, I'm confused and can't offer much more without more info.

time design January 21, 2022

Hi @Curt Holley ! Thanks for the answer!

Okay, let me try to explain.
We created a project using the web design template, here I add the screenshot of the template I am referring to.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.30.46.png

In my list this Business Project appears as a team-managed project, as you can see in the screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.20.37.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.21.21.png

When we try to consult the reports related to this project, we see that there is no issue registered as "resolved", only created, as shown in one of the graphs.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.22.00.png

We then tried to investigate the list of issues, and found through the "resolved" status filter that the list was empty, all issues were just marked as "done". As you can see in the images below.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.42.24.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.42.png

I've read several articles in the community, but the status update options for resolved or a custom filter in the reports is not visible. Is this related to the fact that Jira work management projects are company managed? How can we configure this? Or how can we enable this edit permission?

Another point is the priority display in the kanban for Business project, despite the option being activated in the customization of cards, the option is still not displayed on cards.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 08.48.png

I'm not sure if this is related to the previous issue, but as we identified at the same time, I think there might be some connection.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events