Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation rule for assinging tickets

Lee Rourke July 21, 2023

Hey,

I currently have a round robin rule for assigning tickets so the workload is shared out fairly.

However, when someone is on holiday or i am on annual leave, you have to go in manually and remove them from the automation rule.

Is there anyway to set dates where certain people will be off so it removes them from the round robin automatically and puts them back in when they are back in the business?

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2023

@Lee Rourke

Not out of the box. I've had a couple of clients trying out the smart assignments and rotations app. I'm not affiliated with them, but I think it does what you are looking for.

Lee Rourke July 24, 2023

Yeah i was looking for something that was not additional cost.

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2023

@Lee Rourke

There is not an easy way to do that out of the box. You will have to go in and manually remove the users from the rule when they are out of the office.

Thanks,

Kian

Like Lee Rourke likes this
0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 24, 2023

Hello @Lee Rourke ,

You didn't indicate if you were using cloud or on-prem. If you are using on-prem, I can recommend our app Keychain to handle delegation-related matters.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225037/keychain-delegation-for-jira

With Keychain, you can set delegates for people and you can configure workflows and schemas that allow those delegates to perform actions.

• You configure your workflows and schemes once to allow delegates to perform actions.
  • Delegations are defined with a time window. The delegation automatically becomes effective at the start date and is automatically revoked as soon as the end date is reached. 
  • The delegated issues are not updated in any way at any time. Even the original assignee doesn't change.
  • Since the assignee is not changed, the original assignees do not lose their permissions.
  • You can delegate actions to multiple people.
  • You can delegate different categories of actions to different people.
  • Users can set delegates for themselves.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1225037/keychain-delegation-for-jira 

EmreT

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events