Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June updates are shining bright ☀️ Saved filters, open forms, and more

Hi JWM Community! We’ve got another exciting month of updates to share with you.

Mobile updates

Mobile.png

Using Jira for iOS? We just made it easier to take key actions and manage issues. Not only did the menu get a brand new redesign, but you can also tap the issue key to copy the link to it.

Stay tuned: this update is coming to Jira for Android soon too.

qrcode.png

💡 Scan the QR code with your mobile phone's camera to get started!

Coming soon: Saved filters

Saved filter.gif

If you usually come back to the same custom filters when you need to drill down to your team’s most impactful work, you will soon be able to save them for quick and easy access whenever you need it.

The best part? All of your teammates will be able to use them too.

Coming soon: Confluence links in board view

Confluence links in board view.gif

Link Confluence pages not just from list view, but board view too. See which tasks are tied to key pages like the latest meeting notes, project plans, decision docs, and more.

Coming soon: Open forms

Open forms.jpg

Soon, you’ll be able to open form submissions to anyone who can access your Jira Work Management instance, not just project collaborators.

Ready to soak up the new features? Let us know what you think — let’s chat 👇

34 comments

Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2023

Two clarifying questions around the new forms feature:

The example above seems to be focused at team-managed projects. 

1. Will this be available for company-managed projects?

2. If so, it seems like it could be possible to share a form with people who don't have permissions to actually create an issue, no?

Like # people like this
FaresBenAbbes June 21, 2023

@Abby Stiris  Is feature #1 Saved filters available for all tenants? I have just checked and I cannot see it on my instance  

Like # people like this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2023

Hi @FaresBenAbbes — saved filters are still rolling out so you might not see them yet. Thank you for your patience!

@Haddon Fisher I'm double checking on these questions, thank you! Will get back to you asap

Like # people like this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2023

Hi @Haddon Fisher following up — the answer is yes to both of your questions

Like # people like this
Arthur Zudin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2023

Wondering how they got all projects in the sidebar on the second screenshot. Useful feature for team leads and PMs

Like # people like this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
June 21, 2023

@Arthur Zudin your recent projects should automatically populate in the sidebar if you're in Jira Work Management. Are you seeing something different?

Silvere Leprovost
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2023

When you decide to make a Confluence OFFLINE. 

We gave up confluence just for that because we work often without internet access. 

Roadmap ?

Thank

Like # people like this
Arthur Zudin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 22, 2023

@Abby StirisI use Jira Software where several projects are nested. Is it possible to customize their layouts like yours in JWM? Thank you

Like Abby Stiris likes this
Marek Pałyga June 22, 2023

@Abby Stiris , I have a question in relation to @Arthur Zudin comment on using Jira Software. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Artur won't be able to customize the layout of his Jira Software to match that of Jira Work Management. Therefore, I have a question: does Atlassian plan to merge Jira Software with Jira Work Management and thereby create a single, perfect system? I believe that combining the advantages of Jira Software with those of Jira Work Management could be a game-changer. Currently, we lack in JWM what JS has and vice versa.

I envision it as a single system where we can turn on or off various features as needed. Templates would also be created for IT and other departments' projects, and upon selection, a project with customized (enabled) functions tailored to the needs and specifics of a particular department's work would be generated. Such possibilities would be something extraordinary. Furthermore, such standardization would facilitate the onboarding of new hires within a company. Let me explain what I mean below.

It's probably no secret to you that not only IT departments use Jira Software. That's because they didn't find some features in Jira Work Management. I train various teams and it's very often the case that a team first used Jira Work Management, but later - due to the lack of some essential features - had to switch to Jira Software. These two systems are similar to each other, but they work a bit differently. I know from experience that employees are initially lost and disoriented during such a transition. This effect wouldn't occur if there was a single, consistent system.

If you need, I can somehow assist you, for example, by preparing a list of features that, in my opinion, my team's, and the customers' views are a huge advantage of Jira Software, and which are of Jira Work Management. The idea is to create a single system with the advantages of both applications. I apologize for being so verbose. :) Please let me know what you think about this.

Like # people like this
Marek Pałyga June 22, 2023

@Abby Stiris Ahh... and I almost forgot. Congratulations on implementing more very useful changes to Jira Work Management! The option to save filters is something my teams really missed! Thank you.

Like # people like this
Lawrence Beaumont
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 22, 2023

Will saved filters be available in Timeline view on Jira Work Management? I ask because there are some missing elements in the filtering of Timelines that would be possible if you could use a filter create using the advanced issue search.

Shari Barchus June 22, 2023

Hi Abby - thanks so much for this update! Also love seeing some new features in the mobile app for Android :)

That said, we are not seeing our Confluence links in the board view. We looked in 'Customize Cards' but don't see 'links' as an option there.  We don't see them in the List view either.  Is this change still rolling out? or is the configuration somewhere else?

Regards,

Shari

Like # people like this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2023

@Marek Pałyga thank you so much for your thoughtful feedback. We understand these pain points and really appreciate you taking the time to share them with us. I'll reach out to continue this conversation.

Like Monique vdB likes this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2023

@Shari Barchus if you don't see them yet, stay tuned! Confluence links in board view are rolling out. Thanks!

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2023

Got it @Arthur Zudin I'll share your feedback with the Jira Software team! Thank you

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2023

Hi @Silvere Leprovost I'll share your feedback with the Confluence team. Thanks!

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2023

Double checking on this @Lawrence Beaumont, thanks for your question!

Madie Schneider June 22, 2023

Hi Abby! This is an exciting feature that I have been looking for. I don't, however, see the save filter option available on my board view in my team-managed project. Do you have any insight as to when the rollout will be completed, or if there is a manual update I need to complete in order to see the new feature? Any insight is appreciated! Thanks. 

Iris Yung
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 22, 2023

Hello! It is exciting to see these new features rolling out for JWM! Saved filters is one of the ones on our wish list. I'm curious to know if the issue of JWS issue limit being 1000 per board is being addressed (JWM-CLOUD23)? 

Thank you!

Like # people like this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2023

Hi @Madie Schneider if you don't see saved filters yet, stay tuned! They're rolling out. Thanks for your patience!

Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2023

+1 to Marek Pałyga - Jira is the application, not the different project flavors. We need the vast majority of features to be available in all project types, not just silo'd to one or another.

Like # people like this
Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2023

Thanks @Iris Yung! I'll look into your question and see if there are any updates

Abby Stiris
Atlassian Team
June 22, 2023

Hi @Lawrence Beaumont confirming that saved filters will be available across all views, including timeline!

Jason Basckin June 22, 2023

hi @Abby Stiris Is it possible to export the calendar view (with a saved filter or not) for external users? (snapshot read only view)

Like # people like this
Muhammad Moazzam Hassan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2023

Hi @Abby Stiris ,

The safe filter feature is available for Lists too or just for Board?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events