unable to access my.atlassian.com CANNOT WORK

James Malgieri November 19, 2019

We have a paid license but I also use evaluation instances to test out some things before applying them to out licenses JIRA instance.

It has been a while since I used my eval instance but went to use it yesterday and was told the eval license expired 2 weeks ago.  When clicking on "manage licenses" or even trying to access my.atlassian.com I am unable to access the websites via firefox, chrome and IE.

FF: We can't connect to the server at my.atlassian.com

Chrome: This site can't be reached

IE,: there has been an error.

Our IT checked my PC and told me everything is fine. I should be able to connect.  

This has brought my work to a total halt.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

Hey James,

very sorry to hear that you can't access your Atlassian account. Is it the same for other services and from other devices/networks? (id.atlassian.com/start.atlassian.com, other websites)

Because from where I'm sitting right now every service seems to be working fine and https://status.atlassian.com/ looks good as well. I'd still argue that there's maybe some glitch on your side and not with Atlassian. Just speaking from my experience with unreliable networks and strange system behavior... Sorry for not being able to provide more than moral support.

Best,

Max

James Malgieri November 20, 2019

Thanks for your help, Max.  I had to ask the community to get your take on what might have been going wrong and then use that input to speak with my IT.  As it turns out, right now, I can connect to the sites I couldn't previously connect to - after 3 days.

The problem was apparently with our internet provider.  IT straightened it out.

Thanks again for your help.

Jim

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2019

I'm glad to hear that your IT was able to fix the problem. Something like that is just really annoying when you're trying to work. I can relate! ;) 

Suggest an answer