rapid board is accessible anonymously when project allows anonymous access

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2015

The project permission scheme allows anonymous users to access issues.
The consequence is that these users have also access on the rapid board which is a bit awkward.

Is there a way to prevent anonymous users accessing the agile add-on functionality ? 

1 answer

1 vote
Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

An agile board permission is based on the permission of the filter used to create the board. You could make a board using a filter and apply restriction on that filter.

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 15, 2015

Well, that's now the case. Still they can access the rapid board which is obviously completely empty. I'm wondering if that access can be hidden.

BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

Hi, Strange.. for me, users don't see boards in the overview (ManageRapidViews.jspa) if they don't have the permissions granted on the related filter. When they browse to the URL of the board (e.g. via history), the board doesn't expose data & gives this error instead: "Error - The requested board cannot be viewed because it either does not exist or you do not have permission to view it." Cheers, Ben

Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2015

So, if i understand well, you want to block the use of the Agile to certain user. (i.e. anonymous users) There is no way to block the Agile button from appearing. What you could do is restrict all your board to ''internal user's group'' so that anonymous user could enter Agile but would not see any board.

Suggest an answer