Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

not able to create sub task from a parent issue type

Hey everyone,

First of all, thanks for any feedback. So, this is my problem:

I have created custom issue types called "request" and a related sub task called "profile". Both of them are assigned to the same project and have their own workflows and screens.

However, whenever I want to create a "profile" it gives me this message: Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-11 um 21.51.16.png

Of course, I tried again several times. In other projects, I can create subtasks as usual without any problem.

Does anyone know what I could do?

Thanks

BR

Michael

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Jul 11, 2019

Can you please check if there is a required field on the "Create issue" screen for the sub-task?

If so, it may be a bug that was reported, where it's not possible to create a subtask that has required fields when using the new issue view: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69222

Great, thanks! I had disabled "summary" field for this issue type - and of course in the new Jira view this is mandatory. My bad!

Thanks again

Michael

One minor point - it's not the new issue view, the summary field is mandatory on all issues, irrespective of view or other settings.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,624 views 22 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you