is it possible to change a context owner in GreenHopper?

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2012

I know it's now possible to change filter ownership in JIRA, is it also possible to change a GreenHopper context owner?

We have a scenario where a former project owner (who has since left the company) created 10-15 contexts that need to be updated. The current owners want to modify these themselves and while switching to the original owner via the SU plugin is a good short term solution, long term it would be ideal if we had a way to transfer context ownership. As an admin, I don't want to manage the contexts myself (too many other things to do), but I don't necessarily want to provide admin rights to these users either just so they can SU and manage contexts.

Is it possible to change context owners out of the box in Greenhopper? I didn't see any mention of this in the documentation and I also want to avoid making direct SQL updates if I can.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

Hi Adam,

It is not possible to change the owner of a Context. SQL updates or logging into the former users accounts are the only way.

We have addressed this on the Rapid Board - you can change the owner of the board.

Thanks Adam,
Nick

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2012

Thanks Nic. I figured as much. Good to get the official word.

Suggest an answer