duplicate tickets created automatically and updated automatically

Megha P June 2, 2021

Hi Team,

In the Jira project, few duplicate tickets were created automatically with the same data, and duplicated tickets  updated once the original ticket is updated. 

When I compare to the history of tickets, both tickets updated at the same time and created at the same time.

But I updated only one ticket

Can you please tell me what can be the issue? (and there are no automation rules configured to create duplicate tickets)

Thanks & Regards

Megha

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

@Megha P Can you provide some additional information.

• Can you provide a screenshot of both issues and their history?
  • Are the issues the same issue type as the others?
  • How were the issues created?
  • Have you seen this issue since they were created with other issues?
  • When you say updated are the issues staying in sync as you update one or the other?
  • Are they in the same project?
Megha P June 3, 2021

Hi Brant,

Please find details below

• Can you provide a screenshot of both issues and their history?

please refer originalticket_2281.PNGDuplicate_2282.PNGHistory_2281.PNGHistory_2282.PNGAttached screenshots 

• Are the issues the same issue type as the others?

yes

• How were the issues created?

They are created manually using create issue option

• Have you seen this issue since they were created with other issues?
  • When you say updated are the issues staying in sync as you update one or the other?

yes, they are in sync

• Are they in the same project?

yes

Please let me know if any other details required, I had attached a screenshot of two issues but there are many duplicate tickets created and kindly help us to resolve the same

Thanks and Regards

Megha

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2021

@Megha P - It looks like there may have been a network hiccup between your computer and your server instance and the issue was created twice.  If you update one will it update the other?  (I am assuming no and each issue is totally independent.)  I would just delete one and not worry about it unless it keeps happening.

Megha P June 4, 2021

Hi @Brant Schroeder ,

Thanks for your response,

Regards

Megha

Suggest an answer