create a issue from an email

Good morning, I need to create a issue from an email, taking data from a screen corresponding to a transition that caused the mail to fire

2 answers

1 vote
Christoph Thomas Community Champion Jul 12, 2017

Angela - I am sorry but I don't get it - what do you want to do? Create an issue from an email which was sent from JIRA? Do you have an example for this/what is your usecase?

Cheers

Christoph

Good morning Christoph,

In a complete transition a screen with certain data, in that transition I also have a postfunctions that sends an email to jira, which creates an issue in another flow. What I need is that the data I complete on the initial transition screen appear to me as information in the summary of the new issue that was created. Do you understand?

Cheers

Angela

0 vote
Christoph Thomas Community Champion Jul 12, 2017

Angela - why are you using email for this? Please use Script Runner or Power Scripts for JIRA to create a new issue in the other project with some information from the existing issue.

Cheers

Christoph

Is there an example of using Script Runner or Power Script to create a JIRA issue?

We have a similar question about creating an issue via Email because we have a process flow here at work that ends with an Email to a bunch of people stating the process is done. Once it is done, it passes onto our IT team for implementation so we'd like to take that completion email and create an issue.

We can easily do that with a scripting tool so if you had any examples, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,039 views 7 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you