create a issue from an email

Ángela Alcoba July 12, 2017

Good morning, I need to create a issue from an email, taking data from a screen corresponding to a transition that caused the mail to fire

2 answers

1 vote
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

Angela - I am sorry but I don't get it - what do you want to do? Create an issue from an email which was sent from JIRA? Do you have an example for this/what is your usecase?

Cheers

Christoph

Ángela Alcoba July 12, 2017

Good morning Christoph,

In a complete transition a screen with certain data, in that transition I also have a postfunctions that sends an email to jira, which creates an issue in another flow. What I need is that the data I complete on the initial transition screen appear to me as information in the summary of the new issue that was created. Do you understand?

Cheers

Angela

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

Angela - why are you using email for this? Please use Script Runner or Power Scripts for JIRA to create a new issue in the other project with some information from the existing issue.

Cheers

Christoph

Craig Hauzie July 12, 2017

Is there an example of using Script Runner or Power Script to create a JIRA issue?

We have a similar question about creating an issue via Email because we have a process flow here at work that ends with an Email to a bunch of people stating the process is done. Once it is done, it passes onto our IT team for implementation so we'd like to take that completion email and create an issue.

We can easily do that with a scripting tool so if you had any examples, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer