after upgrade to v. 8.9.1 attachment behaviour source file disappearing on drag & drop

Aaron-Lyonel Fritschi December 4, 2020

We see a random issue in the new version:

When creating a new ticket (create screen) and adding an email from Outlook to the new JIRA ticket via drag & drop we see inconsistent behaviour:

• when dragging emails to the browse and attach section, there is no issue
  • when dragging emails to the description field, there is random behaviour: every x times the drag & drop mode will swap to "move" instead of "copy" which you can only recognize by the little tool tip next to the mouse pointer:
    • copy
      copy.png
    • move

This behaviour is very risky, since important email can / have been lost from Outlook without users noticing.

2 answers

0 votes
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020

Hi @Aaron-Lyonel Fritschi 
Interesting, did you open a ticket with Atlassian Support? They might consider this as a Bug.

I am using Jira Software Server 8.12.3 and this is not occurring on this version. Moving an email from Outlook into the description of a ticket will only copy the details of the email and not the email itself.

I recommend that you should open a ticket with Atlassian to see if this is normal behavior or a bug.

@Mihai Schwarz  not yet, I first wanted to check if someone is aware / has a suggestion. I agree this probably is a bug and will raise a ticket.

I confirm this behaviour has not been seen in our old version. We were on a much older version before though: 

Jira v7.13.4

Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2020

@Aaron-Lyonel FritschiI would consider planing another upgrading of the instance if you can, first on a test environment and then on the production environment.

@Mihai Schwarz thanks for the suggestion. I raised a ticket to the support now and will wait for the answer first. Then we will re-consider.

0 votes

2nd screenshot for "move" mode got lost:

move.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events