• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

after upgrade to v. 8.9.1 attachment behaviour source file disappearing on drag & drop

We see a random issue in the new version:

When creating a new ticket (create screen) and adding an email from Outlook to the new JIRA ticket via drag & drop we see inconsistent behaviour:

• when dragging emails to the browse and attach section, there is no issue
  • when dragging emails to the description field, there is random behaviour: every x times the drag & drop mode will swap to "move" instead of "copy" which you can only recognize by the little tool tip next to the mouse pointer:
    • copy
      copy.png
    • move

This behaviour is very risky, since important email can / have been lost from Outlook without users noticing.

2 answers

2nd screenshot for "move" mode got lost:

move.png

Hi @Aaron-Lyonel Fritschi 
Interesting, did you open a ticket with Atlassian Support? They might consider this as a Bug.

I am using Jira Software Server 8.12.3 and this is not occurring on this version. Moving an email from Outlook into the description of a ticket will only copy the details of the email and not the email itself.

I recommend that you should open a ticket with Atlassian to see if this is normal behavior or a bug.

@Mihai Schwarz  not yet, I first wanted to check if someone is aware / has a suggestion. I agree this probably is a bug and will raise a ticket.

I confirm this behaviour has not been seen in our old version. We were on a much older version before though: 

Jira v7.13.4

@Aaron-Lyonel FritschiI would consider planing another upgrading of the instance if you can, first on a test environment and then on the production environment.

@Mihai Schwarz thanks for the suggestion. I raised a ticket to the support now and will wait for the answer first. Then we will re-consider.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,184 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you