Zephyr test cases migration

I want to migrate my Zephyr test cases from one server to another.Old JIRA version is v7.3.6,and the new one is v7.6.1.

I try to export Zephyr test cases with CSV file,but I have detailed test steps in my tests, they CANNOT be imported using this mechanism. It makes me very upset...

Please give me some solutions.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Xueying,

I have had considerable trouble trying to export/import test cases in the past as well. The only solution I have come up with is this:

Create a Test CYCLE with all of the test cases that you want to export. It is important that this is a test cycle so all of the test steps will be exported as well. Export this cycle as a .CSV file. This should contain the test name, description and steps. It will not give you any attachments associated with the test. Once you have this file you can open it in MS Excel and view the data. Make a note of which data each column contains. 

Next you will need to use the Zephyr for JIRA importer Utility: 

https://www.getzephyr.com/insights/getting-started-zephyr-jira-importer-utility

Knowing the data from the columns in the file you exported, use the utility to map cwhere it will all be loaded when you import it to the new server. 

I hope this helps. good luck!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

308 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot