Zephyr test cases migration

I want to migrate my Zephyr test cases from one server to another.Old JIRA version is v7.3.6,and the new one is v7.6.1.

I try to export Zephyr test cases with CSV file,but I have detailed test steps in my tests, they CANNOT be imported using this mechanism. It makes me very upset...

Please give me some solutions.

Thank you.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Xueying,

I have had considerable trouble trying to export/import test cases in the past as well. The only solution I have come up with is this:

Create a Test CYCLE with all of the test cases that you want to export. It is important that this is a test cycle so all of the test steps will be exported as well. Export this cycle as a .CSV file. This should contain the test name, description and steps. It will not give you any attachments associated with the test. Once you have this file you can open it in MS Excel and view the data. Make a note of which data each column contains. 

Next you will need to use the Zephyr for JIRA importer Utility: 

https://www.getzephyr.com/insights/getting-started-zephyr-jira-importer-utility

Knowing the data from the columns in the file you exported, use the utility to map cwhere it will all be loaded when you import it to the new server. 

I hope this helps. good luck!

The above suggestion is a very good approach. This will import all the test steps, test data and expected results without issues.

You can download the Utility from here

You will get lots of errors fro the importer utility due to the fact that JIRA exports Zephyr tests in merged rows. The importer tool uses by ROW or by ID discriminators to distinguish tests. Due to the merged rows on the export you spend tons of time formatting the spreadsheet where you might as well have written the tests manually in the time spent.

Hi,

Mind if I post another question here, because this is a new post, and I'd like to believe people here are more active.

We are looking for a tool to import Zephyr test execution. The current ZFJ importer utility does NOT support execution. Somehow the Zephyr support export.

Thanks a lot,

Peter

@Peter Zhou you can please try to upgrade to Zephyr 4.0. Now the Zephyr Import Utility comes within JIRA just like the CSV importer. 

I have not tried this case explicitly, however, it is worth trying if the new importer has this feature. 

I am sure that the Zephyr 4.0 has custom fields in Execution screen which has come as a blessing.

- Arun

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your help.

Just wonder if it's compatible export execution from Zephyr 3.6 to Zephyr 4.0 on different servers?

Regards,

Peter

I have done a test, 

export from 3.6 with test -> search Test Executions, output to XML and Excel files.

import to 4.0: Project to my new test project, Type = Test, Link and Link Type unselected/default.

Retrieve Mapping for XML: "invalid xml file."
Retrieve Mapping for Excel:  "Sheet Filter expression did not match"

Thank you please help?

Thanks,

Peter

But if I click "Import" button, ignore the error message. the Import will run for 1 min, and then shows Failed.

Please kindly advise. if I should Open new ticket or keep using this post?

Thanks,

Arun, please help, I have opened ticket in the getZephyr site.

https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us/requests/30360?page=1

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,488 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you