Workflow Status Check

Prabhu Prabhakar December 6, 2021

Hi All,

I'd like to make a Jira Project with the following requirements and I want to generate a eazyBI/other reports,it should help me to track my work, I'd welcome the suggestions

• I'd like to set a particular date/Target date to complete a Task 
  • I'd like to set some days to complete each status to complete the overall Task. 
    • Eg, 30days to complete a task I'd give each status 5 days(i.e 6 status) 
  • I'd like to track this work like
    • Where I'm standing from where I'm supposed to be?
    • Are I On Track / I'm Delayed, If Delayed How many days/time?

Please suggest some best way and If any add-on could help me out I'd welcome that too. 

Thanks,

Prabhu

1 answer

0 votes
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

@Hi @Prabhu Prabhakar ,

I recommend the Jira field "Due date" as the target date. For the concept of eazyBI reports, you can look at two examples on the eazyBI Demo account - https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/16201-forecast-and-management. The reports "Blocker Story Plan (Bar as Gantt)" and "Issue Epic Gantt Chart" could be of particular interest to you.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Prabhu Prabhakar December 9, 2021

Hi @Roberts Čāčus 

Thanks! I've a field "Business Target End Date" when the user create a ticket he'd add a certain date(approximate 5W) and each status a certain amount of time (3d,5d,7 d). Status-(Open-->Requirement Review--›Ack received)

Just looking at a report says that for example a ticket stays in a status called "'Requirement Review "Bdays of time, Open has, days Ack Received has 70).

Eg. (05/01/2022) is my "Business Target End Date" Open has 2days(Start from 09&10 of Dec 20201) and "Requirement Review" has (3days 11,12,13th Dec 2021 ) I'm still in "Requirement Review" status on 14th DEC 2021, but I supposed to be in the next status "Ack received' 

Where am I? Where am I supposed to be? from my Business Target End Date? 

Thanks!

Prabakaran

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2021

I am not confident I understand the requirement fully, but maybe the concept below can help:

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 16.26.46.png

You can return the number of days each issue has been in the specific Status with the measure "Days in transition status" and the respective Transition Status dimension members. In the chart above, those are represented in the stacked bars. To get the number of days an issue is also in the current status, look for the measure "Days in transition status till now" in the eazyBI Demo account report - https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/61947-issue-days-in-selected-status.

In the background, you can see the same base color areas, representing the number of days "expected" for each status. In the example above, they are hard-coded for all issues the same.

See it as a table chart below:

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 16.36.18.png

The Transition Status dimension affecting only one specific measure is achieved with the drill into measure by another dimension functionality - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/create-reports#Createreports-Drillintomeasurebyanotherdimensionlevel.

Best,

Hi @Roberts Čāčus 

Is that something I can acheive with SLA's? 

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2021

Hi @Prabhu Prabhakar ,

Yes! You can use the "SLA Elapsed hours" measures instead of "Days in - " for each Transition Status.

See more details on Jira Service Management measures on our documentation page - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/jira-service-management-custom-fields#JiraServiceManagementcustomfields-SLAmeasures.

Best,

Suggest an answer