Why all my fields do not appear when doing a Issues->CSV import?

Miguel Rodriguez August 26, 2022

I am project admin, not site admin. I am using Jira Software - Datecenter and I tried to import few epics from other system using the Issues -> Import Issues from CSV. However when I get to the step 2 for columns/fields to map I don't see Jira fields like: Date Created, Date modified, Priority, Status, Comments, and custom fields. Are those available only to site admins or how can I get the CSV importer wizard to show me all the fields in my project so I can map the ones from the CSV file?

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Miguel Rodriguez ,

this is because you are using the CSV import available to users, and not the one for the Jira admins. 

The one you are using only has a few fields available, while the Jira admin one will have all fields. 

So if you need to import Created Date field for example, then you'll have to contact your Jira admin so that he can do the import for you.

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Thanks Alexis, I will contact the Jira admin

2 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2022

Hi @Miguel Rodriguez 

You should be Jira Admin in order to import those fields

You can collaborate with your Jira Admin to import the issues with metadata.

Thanks,

Pramodh

Thanks Pramodh, I will contact the Jira admin

Like Pramodh M likes this

Suggest an answer