When using issues filters, the last comment column is empty even though the issues have comments

Carl Gendron January 29, 2021

Jira Server 8.12.2

After adding the Last Comment column in an issue filter, the column is empty even though there are comments in the issues listed. 

Tried to add to an issue without a comment one single comment "test" and it still doesn't list in the filter.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2021

Hi @Carl Gendron 

May I know which plugin are you using

Please follow the community thread here 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Adding-quot-last-comment-quot-in-a-Filter-Results-Dashboard/qaq-p/1066548

Thanks

Carl Gendron February 1, 2021

Thank you for your response @Pramodh M . I actually was able to figure out that this was a custom field someone created but nothing was populating it.

We have Jira Workflow Toolbox so I can either use an automation rule to populate it every time a comment is entered or create a custom field of the type calculated text field (JWT) and have it calculated from the virtual field Last comment.

It's unfortunate that we cannot pull the data directly from the virtual field Last comment which seems to already exist in the backend.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer