When creating a new issue the ticket goes into the 'To Do' queue instead of the 'Backlog'

Hector Tweed January 16, 2018

We have recently created some new Projects within JIRA and created a workflows to suit our needs. The only problem we are having is that when we create a new ticket and assign it to a project it goes straight into the active kanban board instead of the backlog. I know this is most likely around the workflow but cannot seem to fix this, please can you provide some assistance to expand this to all of our open projects?

Many thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2018

ugh....this is a duplicate that I have been answering as well. 

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

I know ... I was scrolling down the list of questions, saw this and answered, then saw the next one was the same and had an answer already. Frustrating!

Hector Tweed January 17, 2018

Thank you to you bot h for coming back, It looks like Warren found the solution as I checked the workflow again and the created items were going straight to 'To do' instead of backlog.

Thank you again

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Hi Hector

If you look at a screenshot of one of my workflows, created items go to a status Backlog and the items need to be dragged to the To Do status to show on the board.

Picture0004.jpg

In cloud Jira (not sure about Server), this is the way I've set up the board

Picture0005.jpg

Suggest an answer