When creating a new issue the ticket goes into the 'To Do' queue instead of the 'Backlog'

We have recently created some new Projects within JIRA and created a workflows to suit our needs. The only problem we are having is that when we create a new ticket and assign it to a project it goes straight into the active kanban board instead of the backlog. I know this is most likely around the workflow but cannot seem to fix this, please can you provide some assistance to expand this to all of our open projects?

Many thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Warren Levy Community Champion Jan 16, 2018

Hi Hector

If you look at a screenshot of one of my workflows, created items go to a status Backlog and the items need to be dragged to the To Do status to show on the board.

Picture0004.jpg

In cloud Jira (not sure about Server), this is the way I've set up the board

Picture0005.jpg

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Jan 16, 2018

ugh....this is a duplicate that I have been answering as well. 

Warren Levy Community Champion Jan 16, 2018

I know ... I was scrolling down the list of questions, saw this and answered, then saw the next one was the same and had an answer already. Frustrating!

Thank you to you bot h for coming back, It looks like Warren found the solution as I checked the workflow again and the created items were going straight to 'To do' instead of backlog.

Thank you again

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Mar 05, 2018 in Jira Software

Jack Graves: Real Ale enthusiast with a knack for Jira Software implementation

@Jack Graves [AC] first caught our eye with his incredible breakdown of what, in his opinion, can make or break a Jira software implementation. (Read his thoughts on this thread)! In this follow...

96,838 views 4 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you