User's needs to add to Distribution list

Roja Gurram May 23, 2020

Hi All,

How to add users to the distribution list for Filter Subscription ?

In Recipients list only we can add Groups ? Can't we add Email addresses to the Recipients list ?

And how do the user/s subscribe a filter ?

Please leave your thoughts!!

1 answer

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2020

Hi @Roja Gurram 

Filter subscription you can set only for you (personal) or group that author belong.

Only way that I see to achieve your scenario is to create users with specific email addresses. Create group for you and this users. Then create subscription and use this group.

Regards,

Seba

Roja Gurram May 23, 2020

Hi Sebastin,

Thank you for your response. Please find my Inline comments.

If USERS and GROUPS are already existed in Jira but, user is not present in group then we need to add user/s to Group. Is this correct ?. Once user/s added to Group how do we subscribe it pls 

1) Filter subscription you can set only for you (personal) or group that author belong. - Can you please send me the screenshots to do this please. I can go in a smooth way or easy to understand.

2) Then create subscription and use this group. - How to do this please any screenshot would be helpful.

Looking forward to hear back from you!

Like Shinde_ Mukund likes this
Tiago Machado
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2020

Hi @Roja Gurram 

Is the project where the issues are being filtered Public ?

If so, you could use the Notification Scheme of the project to send e-mails to addresses outside your Atlassian registered users.

If not, one option could be:

• Create a Distribution List (DL) for each filter
  • Add the DL as a "bogus" user on JIRA
  • Configure the filter to send messages to the DL

You would be able to control who receive the messages or not by adding/removing people from the DL.

Please let me know if this post was useful.

Regards,

Like Kiran Tulsankar likes this
Roja Gurram May 26, 2020

Hi Tiago,

Is the project where the issues are being filtered Public ? - No, Project is not public.

However, Customer provides 3 email addresses are distribution lists each containing multiple team members. Do they need to be created as users to receive the emails? Or is there another way to do it?

Please suggest me which method do i need to follow ?

Suggest an answer