User permissions for setting epic link

Tom Leijen May 7, 2018

Hi,

I am using the default user permission levels set up for my JIRA installation, JIRA:users JIRA:developers and JIRA:administrators.

I am trying to set up one of our staff members as a JIRA:user only to give them limited access to our boards.

I have managed to set it up so that people with JIRA:users permission can create tasks, but can only edit their own (assigned or created) tasks. This appears to be working well.

The issue I have is that JIRA:users don't seem to be able to set the Epic-Link, the field is there, but when they select the epic, and save the task, the epic-link isn't applied.

What do I need to set up to make this work?

Thanks,

Tom

1 answer

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2018

Hello @Tom Leijen

It seems you are running into this issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-13986

Editing and setting epic link requires edit permissions on both projects and not just the project where users are adding the epic link to an issue but the target epic's project as well.

Hung Nguyen August 12, 2019

Is there any work-around for now, to avoid users who can change epic link, to accidentally change the epic or create epic instead of story?

Suggest an answer