Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

User permissions for setting epic link

Hi,

I am using the default user permission levels set up for my JIRA installation, JIRA:users JIRA:developers and JIRA:administrators.

I am trying to set up one of our staff members as a JIRA:user only to give them limited access to our boards.

I have managed to set it up so that people with JIRA:users permission can create tasks, but can only edit their own (assigned or created) tasks. This appears to be working well.

The issue I have is that JIRA:users don't seem to be able to set the Epic-Link, the field is there, but when they select the epic, and save the task, the epic-link isn't applied.

What do I need to set up to make this work?

Thanks,

Tom

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Tom Leijen

It seems you are running into this issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-13986

Editing and setting epic link requires edit permissions on both projects and not just the project where users are adding the epic link to an issue but the target epic's project as well.

Is there any work-around for now, to avoid users who can change epic link, to accidentally change the epic or create epic instead of story?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,534 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you