User is not able to receive JIRA notifications

Ashutos Dash December 9, 2019

Hello Team,

JIRA is not sending any notification email after changes done even after being the watcher of that project. Right now we are using JIRA version 6.4.12. This is working for every other projects like for other projects people are able to receive notification emails.

Can any one tell what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

Hi @Ashutos Dash  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I would first check the Notification Scheme for that project to make sure it hadn't changed and to just double check to see who should get what notifications when.

Ashutos Dash July 27, 2020

Hello John,

I have checked the notification scheme and users who should get the notifications are listed. But still the issue persists and this issue is just for a specific ticket in a project, every other projects are receiving proper notifications.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2020

Can you tag the user on that specific issue to see if they get that notification? 

Ashutos Dash October 7, 2021

Hello @John Funk

Sorry for responding so late. We thought an upgrade would resolve the issue but even after upgrade to v7.13.13 the issue still persists.

I even tried tagging that specific person while commenting but still he didn't receive anything.

Do you think it might be a bug?

Thank you.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2021

Maybe so. Or maybe Atlassian has blacklisted the email for some reason. Either way, I would open a support ticket with them.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer