User Interface for my Active Sprint View

Jinal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2019

Hi,

My team is using the latest version of JIRA and we are struggling with the UI of the Active Sprint board i.e. the card are too small, want the bars at the side to be static, rather than collapsible - how do I change the view below to look more like this: https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=2418&view=detail&selectedIssue=JSWSERVER-15493

Capture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2019

Hi @Jinal 

You haven't said whether you're using the server or cloud version, although generally the answer is going to be the same.

The example you're aspiring to has 5 columns (states) whereas you have 8! This is seriously affecting the width of each column. I can think of 2 possible ways of helping :

1. Combine states in one column - go to Board settings select the Columns tab and drag a status from one column into the column next to it, so that it has 2 statuses, then remove the original column. Do that a couple of times and you'll see far more in each column.
  2. Split part of your workflow into another board - we have one board which handles the development, review and dev test. Then another board which deals with the release and test in UAT and release and test in Live. This way we've reduced the number of columns on the board.

I appreciate you may not want to do either of these, but it's just a practical matter of trying to show details for 8 columns spread across the screen.

Jinal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 20, 2019

Thanks so much for the response. Unfortunately, we need the 8 columns - so assuming there's no other way to increase the size for each of the cards in the column

Suggest an answer