Use JQL for Swimlanes in Easy Agile Program?

Nora Tombers January 8, 2020

Hey everyone,

I have a specific question regarding the Easy Agile Program for Jira Plug-In. I am working in a large scale project organized around SAFe. Currently, we are looking into a possibility to visualize our PI Board after the Planning in Jira. In our Planning sessions, we show all Epics and their cross-team dependencies for the next 5 sprints. 

It seems like the Easy Agile Plug-In would be a great opportunity to show the dependencies in Jira. However, in our project, we only use one Jira project for all teams. To separate the work into the different teams we rely on "Components".

My question is now, whether it would be possible to display the different teams work in the various swimlanes in Easy Agile Program for Jira by relying on the components rather than separating work by the projects (which I figured out how the Plug-In seemed to work). This would be possible if the swimlane definition in the Plug-In relies on JQL. Is this the case?

Thanks so much in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Teagan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 1, 2020

Hi @Nora Tombers

My name is Teagan and I am the Head of Product here at Easy Agile. Thanks for reaching out, and I apologise for the delay in responding to your question. 

Teams in Easy Agile Programs are based on Jira Boards, not Projects. Because of this, configuring a Board Filter using JQL can allow a Release Train Engineer to create a Board for each team based on the Component field. This page explains more about creating and configuring filters.

Thanks Nora, please let me know if there is anything else we can help with
Teagan Harbridge 
Head of Product - Easy Agile 

Suggest an answer