Upgrding JIRA software from 8.4 to 8.8 on Postgre 9.4

Jarek_Orszanski March 26, 2020

Hi,

I made several mistakes and as a result I have installed an 8.8 update of JIRA Core on a system  running JIRA Software/Core 8.4 on Postgre SQL 9.4. Did not make backup of database unfortunately. The setup proceeded properly and or start I received an error that the Postgre 9.4 is not supported. The JIRA Software did not start. I am not sure if this is because Postgre 9.4 was not support or for other reason.

I tried to revert by swapping JIRA directory back to version 8.4 but the JIRA did not start either, reporting that there is not match in databases - the database was already updated to 8.8 version.

Is there any way to fix this somehow ?  Is JIRA 8.8 really so different that cannot use the same Postgre 9.4 even though the Postge 9.4 is not supported ? 

Can anybody help ?

Jarek

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2020

Hi Jarek,

it is quite hard to tell what exactly happened in your case but it sounds like a interrupted upgrade.

From the "Supported platforms" document at least PostgreSQL 9.6 is required and unless it is a non-production environment or a server just for testing purposes I would not recommend to make further tests with PostgreSQL 9.4. If this really was the source for the error message you encounter is difficult to state from the outside.

Cheers,
Daniel

Jarek_Orszanski March 28, 2020

Hi Da niel,

thank you, I solved this issue somehow, now I will upgrade PostgreSQL. Kind regards

jarek

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events