Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Update existing stories using Issue Key

Hi Folks,

I have a set of stories created under an epic which were created a while back. I want to bulk update all these stories now with the relevant changes. Unfortunately, when i try using the import functionality and try to bulk update using Issue key I am unable to find Issue key under JIRA fields available for mapping when importing via a CSV file. Went through a lot of threads already and several of them mentioned that Issue key is unavailable for mapping. The only other option is to use Administration > System > Import & Export > External System Import > CSV button. Unfortunately my org does not give Admin rights so easily. What else can i do to achieve this instead of manually copy pasting all the changes ? Thanks !

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Leader Sep 06, 2022

do you have access to the Bulk edit feature? If all the issues belong to a specific epic then you could perform a JQL search for issues with that epic link and then perform a bulk edit. Of course there are some limitations of this feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events