Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'document' of undefined

Gianni Minicozzi January 21, 2021

Hi all,

Today opening any of the kanban board in our Jira Server it appears the following error

Jira_Board_error.png

This error appears for every user that opens a kanban board, but the issues are showed on the kanban.

I do not know if it can be related, but here more info:

1. The error about the kanban board shows up only in our non-production environment

2. Searching on Atlassian Support, I found that similar issues can be caused by add-ons, but if I enter into the "manage apps" page, it appears the error that Jira could not connect to Jira Market Place.
Despite point 1 occurs only in our non-production environment, the connection error to Jira Marketplace shows up on our production environment too.

Thank you,

Gianni

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Gianni Minicozzi

the troubling connection to Marketplace is highly likely not the cause - and could be checked separately.

For the issue with the Kanban board I am wondering if it could be browser-related:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/uncaught-quotaexceedederror-displays-in-browser-using-jira-server-762874705.html

We see those messages from time to time where the required steps in the linked article helped all the time.
Unfortunately the error message in your screenshots tells not a lot - so it could be it does not help (but a short test with a different browser is at least something that is quickly done).

Please let us know if it helped.

Regards,
Daniel

Gianni Minicozzi February 16, 2021

Thank you for the answer!

My colleagues have checked that the issue was due to customization to hide the title prefix on the dashboard gadget.

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Gianni Minicozzi ,

When it comes to connecting Market place error. 

There May be an issue with UPM. which checks the the marketplace and shows updates to installed plugin's.

Can you please check in "Manage Apps". which version of UPM is ON.

image.png

From the below link, you can check the latest version of UPM

UPM Versions 

please check the below link to , updating UPM

https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/installing-the-universal-plugin-manager-273875739.html 

Thanks.

Gianni Minicozzi February 16, 2021

Thank you for the answer!

I do not know if the issue was related to the customization reported in my comment below, but after the fix made by my colleagues the error message on the marketplace did not reappear

Suggest an answer