Subtask display issue with custom workflow

David Colburn December 12, 2013

I built a custom workflow and scheme for the work of our team. Unfortunately, I tested its functionality with only stories and not with stories that had sub-tasks.

Once a sub-task is added to a story the Work view of it changes. Instead of staying in its swim lane the Work view displays two regions ( I've included a screen cap):

1. The first region shows the story ticket ID and Summary and sits across all swim lanes. Clicking a down arrow does *not* display its sub-tasks. It also indicates 0 subtasks even when there are assigned subtasks.
  2. The second displays stories in our swim lanes as expected. None of these stories have sub-taks yet assigned.

I have tried to find the step(s) I may have missed in creating the workflow without success. Reverting to an older workflow did not solve the problem either.

Suggestions or places to look for solutions are gratefully accepted.

2 answers

0 votes
David Colburn December 15, 2013

Hi Dora,

That doesn't help. It just gives the subtasks under the story -- with the story behaving as a title. What we need is for the stories to appear as regular cards and to move along the swimlanes.

0 votes
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2013

In the screenshot you've attached, it appears that:
- your Board swimlanes are based on Stories;
- the Exclude sub-tasks quick filter is enabled.

As a result, all Stories that with sub-tasks are displayed as swimlanes, and those with no sub-tasks are visible as regular cards under "Other Issues". As the quick filter hides all sub-tasks, though, the Story swimlanes are empty. Try disabling the quick filter - that should help.

Suggest an answer