Subtask after migration to next-gen project

Lars Aalberts July 2, 2019

We have a classic project with a lot of issues with subtasks.

I know that subtasks are recently added to the next-gen projects but if i look at the migration instruction page it still say's that subtask wil got lost in the process. Is this really still not possible? This is the only reason why we can't migrate at the moment.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2019

Hey Lars,

I've just tested a project migration from a Classic to a Next Gen project. The subtasks came along fine, provided you have a subtask issue type already created in the Next Gen project. The bulk change wizard will throw an error at you if you try to move subtasks into a Next Gen project that doesn't have a subtask issue type created yet.

You should be all set to migrate! I'll jump on our documentation and ensure it's updated as well. Thanks for pointing it out!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2019

Thanks for running this to ground Daniel!

Like Daniel Eads likes this
0 votes
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Thanks @Lars Aalberts for calling that out about the documentation - I have corrected this!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2019

Fair question. With sub-tasks so new in NG I don’t as yet have any experience with this. I would suggest simply trying to migrate a single task and sub-task and see. I would not be surprised if it did not work cleanly. If it does not hopefully there is a means of moving to a sub-task. I will reach out to some Atlassian contacts and see if they can gather an answer and possibly update the documentation.

Suggest an answer