Structure: Formula field in cloud version of jira

Deleted user October 31, 2021

Hi ALM,

Our company has just migrated from on-prem to cloud version of jira and I am rebuilding the structures our company uses. 

One key feature I used to identify high priority jiras was the formula field, however I noticed in a post from last year that the formula functionality was not implemented in JIra Cloud yet.

Is that still the case? When is the expected timeline to have this functionality in Jira cloud?

Thanks

Rod

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
ilia kassianenko October 31, 2021

Hi Roderick, their roadmap mentions this, with an update expected this November 2021

• Formula column - create Excel-like formulas in Structure, based on issue fields and other issue attributes

Ref: https://wiki.almworks.com/documentation/strcloud/structure-cloud-roadmap-68420525.html

Deleted user October 31, 2021

I only have to wait til next month, awesome! Thanks for the info ilia

Kathryn Vargas _Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2022

Hi @[deleted],

We've got an update to Ilia's update: Formulas is now available on Jira Cloud :) 

In case you'd like to learn more about the feature, we're also hosting a virtual event later this month where we'll be covering the Expr language and sharing formulas & use cases. We hope you can make it!

Best, 
Kathryn

Like # people like this
Iryna April 5, 2022

this is very exciting! I am watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7boTHUDge0c&ab_channel=ALMWorks  and not seeing wiki-markup as an option available in the Format dropdown when configuring the formula. is that expected? 

thank you! 

Like # people like this
Kathryn Vargas _Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2022

Hi Iryna! Wiki markup wasn't part of the first version of Formulas on Cloud, but it's already in development and we'd be happy to notify you once it's available :) 

Best, 
Kathryn

Like # people like this
Estela Cameira May 5, 2022

It will be awesome to have it on cloud version!

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2022

Indeed, it is available now @Estela Cameira.

Wiki Markdown in Structure for Jira Cloud.

-dave

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events