Sprint statistic wrong

Heiko Nigmann July 7, 2021

Hello community,

we have an issue added to "Sprint #7" which was completed on 08/06/2021. The issue was closed (Resolution = Done) on 02/06/2021.issue_closed.jpg

issue_sprint.jpgThis issue is now listed in section "Issues completed outside of this sprint" and the story points are not added to this sprint. issue_list.jpg

Is there an error in our database? How can I figure out why the issue is not listed under "Completed Issues" in this sprint?

Thanks!
Heiko

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

Is "issue solved" in the last column of the board the sprint was created for?

No, in the last column is "Done".

board_columns.jpg

I think we have some database errors (see Missing details in issue history log (atlassian.com)) and also we could have errors with sprint statistics.

I can't figure out in which table of the database something is wrong.

Do you have an idea in which table could be an error or missing entries?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

I don't think there's anything wrong with your database

The issue status is "issue solved", so it is not "done" (because "issue solved" is not in the last column, it's not done) and hence won't contribute towards the done count.

In the last column there is status "Done". The Ticket #2539 was changed from "Issue resolved" to "Done" on 02/06/2021. So, this are  6 days before sprint ends.

On 11/05/2021 this ticket was added to the sprint before it starts.

So in my opinion the ticket should be counted in Sprint #7 as completed?!

Am I not right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

You said the issue was in "issue solved".  Is it in Done or Issue solved now?

Look to the picture at the beginning. We changed it from "Issue solved" to "Done", the last state of the issue.

News: I reindexed Jira 3 times now. After the 3rd reindex there were no errors now and da scrum board looks different. The count of completed issues per sprint are now increased and seems correct.

Was this the workaround/fix?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2021

Sort of, but the real fix would be to fix whatever it was that corrupted your index!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events