Simple Question - How Can I set null value to Component

Rakesh Jajper June 23, 2022

Hi team,

I want to set null or empty value to component if another field gets changed upon closing of the ticket

So that User has to select new value into Component.

Trying a lot but couldn't get success, I am trying on behavior with groovy.

Please help here.

1 answer

1 vote
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

Hi @Rakesh Jajper sounds like you have scriptrunner.  I would suggest that you put this as a custom scripted post function, or possibly a custom event with a listener script associated to it.  But IMHO the scripted post function would make more sense in this situation.

Rakesh Jajper June 24, 2022

Thanks @Craig Nodwell but how to put that dont know exact structure to put it in.

Can you help me here, I know how to set custom field value as component but dont know how to set components itself as per other field value or if field changed only that time set null to component field.

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

Hi @Rakesh Jajper I have a job buddy.  I will help but you have to do the work.  Have a look at the examples given in the Adaptavist documentation and the Adaptavist Library.
Adaptavist Library 

Do be afraid to try, you got the job you have now because you have skills - Trust in them.

Suggest an answer