Set form value for Team field from Advanced Roadmap using Scriptrunner

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2023

Hi

I'm looking into a way to select automatically a Team in my create issue form. Is there a way to do that ?

When I create a Story and set an Epic Link, I want the Story to automatically have the Team value of the Epic set in the Story form if any letting the user update the value if he wants. I've already figure out the "get value from epic" part. 

I've tried using Behaviours but the Team field do not behave like a select list field and I did not managed to figure out what is the format to use or if it's even possible.

I would like to avoid having to do it using a postfunction or automation (if field empty then set the default value) because I want the user to be able to see the Team that will be set before submiting the issue. 

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2023

hi @Florian Bonniec 

I didn't try it before but I found a thread that could help. check it out and let me know how it went for you.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-set-Portfolio-Team-field-on-an-issue-with-ScriptRunner/qaq-p/928890

You may test it first in the console for one ticket before taking it further into the behavior.

Cheers,

Karim

Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2023

Hi, thx, this will work in a postfunction or listener but unfortunately not for behaviour.

Suggest an answer