SQL Collation suggestion wrong on 'Connecting JIRA applications to SQL Server 2012' documentation

The documentation found on https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver074/connecting-jira-applications-to-sql-server-2012-881683185.html instructing a user to set up a DB in SQL incorrectly states what collations Jira supports. 

In the documentation it states that 'Latin1_General_CI_AI' is supported and is what I chose to set up my jira DB with. Today I was greeted with an error message on my Jira site claiming my collation was unsupported.

I have provided photos to show the Jira site error and the error in the documentation. 

Could this get fixed so people in the future don't run into this issue?
I'm having to re-setup the DB and start over. Very frustrating. Luckily we are just in the initial stages of using Jira so we won't loose anything.InkedJiraDB1_LI.jpgInkedJiraDB2_LI.jpg

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Brian,

It looks like you're running into the bug reported in JRASERVER-59378.  The workaround is as follows:

Ignore the Error in the logs and confirm the supported collation with the JIRA Instance Health Add-on.

Please be sure to vote on the issue to add impact and when you do that you'll be notified of any updates to the ticket including fix versions.

Cheers,

Branden

How do I 'Ignore the Error'? There is no option and I can't get past the error page on my Jira site.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,242 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you