Remove none from Radio Buttons and Select List - dynamic forms

Claire Berry February 22, 2021

Hi, 

I'm trying to create a request using dynamic forms for some of the fields. 

I have one custom field "Data Source" and there is a Dynamic setting that when MySQL is seleceted from this drop down, you will see 2 additional fields "MySQL Database Instances" and "MySQL Access". See below

CaptureJ.PNG

I am aware that you need to make a field mandatory to remove the none option. But I can't make these fields mandatory on the form as it then won't allow me to log the request when a different option is selected from Data Source. And when I make it mandatory in the Dynamic forms section, this does not remove the none option. 

CaptureJ1.PNG

Ideally, I would like for no None option and no default so that the user has to select the option. Or for None to be default and visible, but not be a valid option to select.

If this is not possible, is it even possible for me to have another value set as default, for example Talend Meta and Read as default and remove the none? (I have Read set as default in the custom field settings already, but this has not removed none unless I set it mandatory on the form itself rather than in the dynamic section.) 

Basically I am trying to recreate similar to what we had in ServiceNow below

SN.PNG

Where you have to select an option to proceed and there is no default. 

0 answers

Suggest an answer