Ranking using an issue filter instead of a board

Thomas Coleman May 19, 2014

If one has a numerous cases in their backlog, using the Agile boards to rank those issues is onerous. Using the Details View is too cumbersome in that most of the issue's details are opaque until you click on it. The root issue is that the Agile boards do not provide the ability to configure the columns to be displayed beyond the description of the issue itself. Building an issue filter works great...except there is no means to allow for drag & drop ranking in an issue filter even if you order by rank. The ideal solution would be to allow for drag & drop ranking from an issue filter. Does anyone know of an add-on that would enable this ability (or the ability to configure display of additional columns on an Agile board)?

Here are my steps:

1. Issues menu -> Search for issues
2. More menu -> find "Rank" and check its checkbox
3. Click Advanced
4. Add an ORDER BY Rank ASC
5. Click search button

I am given no ability to drag & drop to change the rank. E.g., I cannot move the 5th item into the 3rd position.

One other item of note is that using those steps of course puts me in List View which is the desired view.

2 answers

0 votes
Simple Audio June 29, 2014

This is also affecting me with the message. Did you resolve your issue?

JIRA Agile cannot execute the rank operation. This board has recently been configured to use the Rank field. The system must be re-indexed before you can rank issues. Ask your administrator to perform a manual re-index.

0 votes
Sateesh Chandra May 19, 2014

Please add the Rank field to the respective projects and screens and try

Thomas Coleman May 19, 2014

Did not work. Adding the Rank column did not enable the ability to change the rank via drag and drop like on the Agile boards.

Like Samuel P likes this
Samuel P January 30, 2020

Didn't work for me either. Is there another configuration that I may be lacking? I know I can rank from the backlog view, so it's not that permission.

dna2me August 12, 2020

Didn't work for me either. I can only change the rank in backlog.

And I found the "Rank to Top" works on right click menu.

After clicking "Rank to Top", I have to refresh the page to see the correct order in filter mode.

Suggest an answer