Progress in portfolio

Joe Harmon December 29, 2017

In my epic view of JIRA, I can see the progress happening in the progress bar.  One would think that we are using the same formula in Portfolio, but I can't figure out why the progress bars in portfolio aren't showing any progress but they are in the JIRA epic view.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2017

Hi Joe,

Another user had a similar issue and found it was due to the completion date.  Take a look at the More menu:

Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 10.30.18 AM.png

The user found changing the completion date resolved the issue for them:

By default this completion date seems to be since the beginning of: Current Sprint. This meant that all tasks marked resolved or closed were excluded from the list of tasks under the epic on the portfolio board...hence, no progress.

Anyway, changing the completion date to something else then meant the completed tasks were included under the epics and I am now seeing lots of green progress bars!

Cheers,

Branden

Joe Harmon December 29, 2017

So how is the completion date set normally?  Is it when they mark something as done?  These items were migrated from another system so maybe that is the issue.

Cameron Eldridge January 9, 2018

Hi Joe,

Completion date is based on the resolution date. In Portfolio v2.2.3 and later, issues completed within the last 30 days will be shown by default. There's also a problem relating to the exclusion/archival of releases. Issues tied to those releases will no longer appear in the plan, regardless of completion date. It escalates up to Programs as well. See my post in JPOSERVER-1900 for more info.

Best,

Cameron

Suggest an answer