Pricing Model?

Mark Hargrove January 20, 2021

Excluding maintenance, is the cost for Jira Server and/or Jira Data Center a one-time purchase?   The pricing page calls is a "perpetual license with annual pricing".  I have no idea what that means.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2021

Jira Data Centre, and Cloud, are both subscription models.  You pay annually (cloud has monthly options too), and the software stops working at the end of the licence term.

Server is a perpetual licence - you get a year, but if you do not pay maintenance, everything continues to work fine (with a nag message for administrators).   I'm looking at a version 3 server at the moment that is working fine, hasn't been licenced for 7 years.  Riddled with security holes and less functional than latest, but still working.

The maintenance is 50% of the current "new licence" cost.  It's main entitlements are that you are supported (i.e. can yell for help) and you can upgrade to any version released before maintenance ends.

Server is going away soon though.  In a few weeks, the licence options become a lot more limited and in a couple of years there simply won't be any support (or upgrades) for it.  You should be looking at DC or Cloud.

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

For server version - license + current year maintanence( 365 days from purchased date)

For Data Center - every year you need to renewal the license which includes maintenance

Mark Hargrove January 20, 2021

...and maintenance is 50% of the perpetual license cost?

Where can I get a definitive quote for 'server' with the features we need.  The 'shopping' cart page is horribly imprecise.

We need to buy our license very soon before the end-of-sale for on-premise products.  We are not allowed to continue using 'cloud' products.

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Hi @Mark Hargrove ,

https://www.atlassian.com/company/contact/purchasing-licensing 

from the above link there are several options as "Prices", "Quotes & orders", "Payments & refunds" and etc.

This links will helpful.

and also please check the below link, recently Atlassian announced Sever support related information.

https://www.atlassian.com/migration/journey-to-cloud 

Thanks.

Suggest an answer