Possible issues with transferring organisation

Simeon Hristov November 12, 2020

Hi,

I have one organisation which has no products in it and one with Jira and Confluence in it. What I want to do is to delete the empty one. I have read a lot for deleting organisation and I understand that the only way to delete organisation is to transfer it to another. So, my question is: Will the transfer of the empty organisation to the organisation with Jira and Confluence break something?

Thank you for the help!

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2020

Hello @Simeon Hristov

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Indeed, it's not possible to delete an organization in Atlassian Access. We have a feature request opened to allow this action for Organization admins:

Allow organization administrators to delete organizations 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

For now, there are two possible workarounds to remove your organization:

1. Transfer the organization to another one as you mentioned. The target organization for where you are transferring the content will not have any impact
  2. You can cancel the subscription from Billing, as described in the document Unsubscribe from Atlassian Access

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events