Not able to select an inactive user

Admin Jira SQS September 20, 2022

I am not sure if this functionality doesn't exist. But I would like to filter issues where the responsible is an inactive user. Can I do it in some way?

Thank you very much!

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hi @Admin Jira SQS 

If you are looking for issues associated with a particular user - in other words you know the name of the person, you should be able to type in the username or account ID of the user in the JQL. It will NOT show the user's name as you type, but if you enter the information, it will execute the query correctly. 

So, if I wrote a query like: project = ABC and reporter = john.funk then that would get all issues where I was the reporter and if my username was john.funk. 

Admin Jira SQS December 21, 2022

We have been trying on jira server but it is not working.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2022

What is not working? 

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2022
Admin Jira SQS December 21, 2022

It is for jira cloud, not jira server.

Suggest an answer