• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Looking alternative of scheduled trigger to trigger job every 24 hours or trigger Manually

we would like to implement support jira auto closure Automation.  in order to implement,

I need scheduled trigger to trigger jira automation job every 24 hours

at present Scheduled Trigger feature not available in Data Center Instance. 

can anyone please recommend 'Alternative of scheduled Trigger' to trigger Automation job on need basis or with scheduled time window

User of Scheduled / Manual Triggers:

Scheduled Triggers: Users can set up time window to run the jira automation job Manual Triggers: User can run the Jira Automation on need basis

Triggers link:

manual triggers : https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/1357359/new

scheduled trigger: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/rules#/rule/1357359/new

Thanks a lot in Advance

2 answers

0 votes
Nir Haimov Community Leader Apr 06, 2021

Hi @Suvarna Arigela 

I didn't understand, you ask for a solution, then you give 2 options you created that seems to solve your issue...

So what else do you need?

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Apr 11, 2021

Hi @Suvarna Arigela

as far as I understood you are worried that the "scheduled trigger" is not available in Automation for Jira Server/Data Center - this is probably why @Nir Haimov was a bit confused about the statements you posted above.

Anyways, from documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/triggers-993924804.html) I saw that the trigger is a valid option - so my question would be: is it not available to you? What happens when you try to select that trigger?

Could you please also confirm on the version of Automation you are using?

At the moment I see nothing that should prevent you from fulfilling your plan as noted.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Confluence Bingo Round 3!

That’s right! Grandma’s back at it again, and this time she’s brought all her friends. In honor of Team '21, this Bingo round is dedicated to all things team-related, and the prizes are no exception....

42 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you