Hi 

Why am I getting the below error ?

All the required permissions are there IMG20230519155630.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2023

Parent link is used to link Epics to higher level issues.

You need to use "Epic link" field to set Epic as parent for Story/Task level issues.

epic_link.png

Aswathi D May 19, 2023

Hi @Erki Tammik 

Thanks for the reply

The above happens only for one user 

All others with same permission can link the issue 

Why ?

Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2023

@Aswathi D 

Check how the user is attempting to link the issue.

Based on the picture you provided, it appears that the user is trying to link a story/task-level issue using 'Parent link,' but they should use 'Epic link' instead.

Aswathi D May 21, 2023

Hi @Erki Tammik ,

I too tried the same way like the user did 

For me it's possible to link 

Erki Tammik
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 23, 2023

@Aswathi D

"No matches" may indicate that the user is unable to see that issue.
If user is unable to see issues in other project, then user won't be able to link issues there.

Another option the user can try is to link using just the issue key: INI-78.

Could you please ensure that user has access to the destination issue INI-78? You can use the permission helper to verify: https://yourcompany.atlassian.net/secure/admin/PermissionHelperAdmin.jspa (Cloud URL, yours might be different. System settings->Helper)

Alternatively, the user can attempt to directly open the issue using the URL.

Suggest an answer