Link a filter to a dashboard issue?

Ana June 21, 2017

Hello,

I've a dashboard with different filters within it. However, I need to link related issues in a board to one issue. Is this possible?

For example: I have a ticket 1900 and the Filters needs to be link to this ticket only.

Thank you,

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

I'm sorry, that does not make sense.  A filter is a pattern which finds a list of issues according to the rules of that pattern.

An issue is an issue, an entity with some data on it, representing something that needs (or needed) attention.

There's no "link" between a filter and an issue, they're two separate and different concepts.

You say "For example: I have a ticket 1900 and the Filters needs to be link to this ticket only."  You can do this by saying "key = 1900" in your filter.  But I don't think that's what you mean.  I think we might need a better example

Ana June 21, 2017

Hello Nic,

Thank you for the reply.

1. We have a dashboard with different 3 filters with various tickets (keys)

2. One of the filters in the dashboard has two keys lets say ABC-123 and ABC-124

3. I separetely created a board after doing a query of related issues to issues ito ABC-123. The board created has 1800+ keys

4. I want to link the board with the 1800+ keys to ABC-123 in the dashboard, so that we don't have to look for all 1800 separately.

I hope this is a bit more clear

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

It's very clear, except on point 4.

A board contains a set of issues you select with a query, so if you want ABC-123 to appear on the 1800+ issues board, just add "or key = abc-123" to the query.

I think the crux of my failure to grasp it is the word "link".  What do you expect this "link" to do?  What would the user see, and what would a board do with it?

Ana June 21, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your patient :-)

If people asked "what other issues are affecting ABC-123" I want to be able to just click on a link to the 1800+ issues within the dashboard without adding more gadgets to the dashboard.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2017

There's no way to do this, unless your filter/board is static.  Then you can simply put a link in a text gadget

There's no way to do it without another gadget - the filter gadgets list issues, and allow you to click on them to get the filter they represent, but they've no way of knowing that you might want to jump out to another arbitrary unknown filter

Ana June 22, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thank you for all your help, much and greatly appreciate it. I see if I can get a Text Gadget in place.

Cheers,

Ana

Suggest an answer