Link Stories to Epics across next gen projects

Jade Melcher August 30, 2019

Hello! We were about to migrate 60 members across 8 projects to next gen, and realized we cannot link stories in one next gen project to epics in another next gen project. Please tell me this is possible! :(

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dwight Pfundstein September 4, 2019

Stories ==> Epics ==>Project

Each Story and Epic rolls up to a single Project

And you can only run One Sprint per Project at one time

You can use the Move command to move a Story to another Project and it's corresponding Epic 

Jade Melcher September 4, 2019

Ok, this is critical functionality to enable basic cross-project collaboration. Will submit a feature request. Thank you!

John Walker December 30, 2019

Thanks Jade. Could you point to the feature request and I will upvote it.

1 vote
Chris_Deptula September 19, 2019

this is also an issue (obviously) if you want to assign 'non-Next Gen' stories to 'Next Gen' epics...which is not possible (for probably this same reason).

Unfortunately, that's the downside of these 'easy to build/use' next gen projects...they are by design, isolated from other projects :(

boooo

0 votes
Prabhu Ramanathan Babu February 6, 2020

I'm also going through the same issue. When there is a cross-team epic, each team wants to create a story and link it to the same epic. JIRA should allow linking stories to epics from different projects.

As a workaround, for now, I link the external project epics to my team's stories. 

0 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2019

Hello @Jade Melcher 

I've read in another question replies that the next-gen projects are standalone board based. So they are design to be like that. I also tried to do that but no chance... 

Suggest an answer