Kanban Rapid Board - Using the Report Functionality to determine the Cycle time

Deepak Indoliya October 31, 2012

I have 6 columns on my Kanban Board. For the sake of simplicity, let's call them c1, c2...c6. I would like to generate a report (or graph) that tells me how long it has taken for each Story to move from c2 to c5. Is this possible using the out of the box chart/report? If not, any workaround will be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2012

Hi,

This is easy to do, just go to the Control Chart in the Report section. In the 'Refine...' button select the states for which you want to calculate the time spent in those states. For example, if I select c3 & c4 it will show me the average time issues have spent going between c2 and c5.

Cheers,
Shaun

Deepak Indoliya November 4, 2012

Thank you, I will try this out.

Deepak Indoliya November 4, 2012

Shaun,

Can you please let me know how the REOPEN is treated by the report? For example, a REOPEN results in moving the issue back to the left columns, and has to make it to right once again. I think the solution would be to group by the transition states and SUM the time spent in each. Is the report doing that?

Thanks,

Deepak

Suggest an answer